Inflammation plays a central role in some of the most challenging diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, asthma and even Alzheimer’s. At Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center, we want to help you understand what causes inflammation, and educate you on the treatment options that are available.
What Is Inflammation?
Essentially, inflammation is a defense mechanism in the body. It is a process where white blood cells protect us from infection resulting from bacteria or various viruses. When the immune system recognizes damaged cells, irritants and pathogens- it starts the healing process. This causes a biological response to remove the harmful or irritating bacteria. The signs and symptoms of inflammation can be uncomfortable, but are an indication that the body is trying to heal itself.
However, in some diseases, like arthritis, the immune system triggers an inflammatory response when there are no foreign invaders to fight off. This is called Autoimmune Disease, and results in the immune system causing damage to its own tissues. The body responds as if normal tissues are infected or somehow abnormal.
What Diseases Are Associated with Inflammation?
Arthritis is a general term that describes inflammation in the joints. Some types of arthritis associated with inflammation include the following:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Gouty arthritis
Symptoms of Inflammation
Symptoms of inflammation vary depending on whether the reaction is acute or chronic.
Symptoms of acute inflammation, include:
- Joint Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Loss of joint function
Symptoms of chronic inflammation present in a different way. These can include:
- Mouth sores
- Chest pain
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
How Are Inflammatory Diseases Diagnosed?
Inflammatory diseases are diagnosed after your physician receives your complete medical history, and conducts a thorough physical exam. He/she will pay special attention to the following things:
- The pattern of painful joints and whether there is evidence of inflammation
- Presence of joint stiffness in the morning
- Evaluation of other symptoms
- Results of X-rays and blood tests
Why Choose Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center
If you or a loved one is affected by acute or chronic inflammation, Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center can help! We have an Anti-Inflammatory Program that can be tailored specifically for you and your level of pain.
Our Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center Program Includes:
- Initial Assessment, Discovery & Roadmap designed to target areas of imbalance and/or dysbiosis causing an inflammatory response within the body.
- (4) 30 minute follow-up sessions.
- Customized meal plan designed to decrease the inflammatory response and relieve pain and irritation.
- Food guidelines and grocery list.
- $70 credit towards recommended supplements to help decrease joint and muscular pain and improve overall body ecology.
- 15% off additional recommended supplementation during the course of your program.
- Recipes and lifestyle tips to support your transition.
- Comprehensive IgG Food Antibody Test Kit and Result Packet to evaluate your adverse reaction, allergy, intolerance or sensitivity to specific foods causing full-body inflammation and chronic pain.
- Reduced ongoing maintenance session rates.
For more information, click here to schedule a consultation!