Paperwork You Need to Complete if You Get Hurt on the Job 

Paperwork You Need to Complete if You Get Hurt on the Job 

Did you get injured at work, and not sure what to do next? No worries, we can help! At Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center, we’ve helped many of our patients through the paperwork process of reporting a workplace injury.

First Step: Report the Injury

If you are injured on the job you should report the injury immediately to a supervisor. Some states require a written notice, while others allow a verbal notice. However, to be safe, employees should report all on-the-job injuries to supervisory personnel in writing. Some states have a short filing deadline called the statute of limitations, so you should file immediately so you do not lose any legal rights or compensation benefits.

If your injury or illness requires it, you should also seek medical care immediately.

Second Step: Seek Medical Care

Under the FECA you may initially select any qualified doctor to be your treating doctor.

If you are not a federal employee, you are not covered by the FECA, and state law will apply. In some states, you have a right to see your own doctor if you make this request in writing before the injury occurs.

Most injured workers are referred to a doctor recruited and paid for by their employers. Usually, you will only be required to see the company doctor for a maximum of 30 days, and then you will be able to choose your own physician.

At Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center, we have treated workplace injuries for 16 years. We will document your care with us and will help you complete paperwork to submit a compensation claim.

Third Step: File a Worker’s Compensation Claim

Filing a workers’ compensation claim is similar to filing any other insurance claim. It is not a lawsuit against an employer, but rather a request for benefits.

The first step in filing a claim is to notify your employer. No matter how the employer learns of the incident, they must offer you a claim form immediately. Until this claim form is completed, the employer has no obligation to provide benefits. Your employer should be able to supply you with the forms needed to file a claim. In fact, most states require the employer, doctors’ offices, and hospital emergency rooms to have the forms which start the process.

Why Choose Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center

In summary, if you get injured at work, you should seek medical treatment and report the injury to your supervisor immediately. In addition to traditional medical care, you may want to consider chiropractic treatment and massage therapy to help speed up the healing process.

At Goodyear Chiropractic Health Center, not only can we walk you through the whole paperwork process of filing a claim, but our team of experts can provide chiropractic and massage therapy services to help you recover faster! To schedule an appointment, click here.